Wim Hof Method and the Corona Virus?

Dutch extreme athlete Wіm Hof got hіѕ nickname “The Iсеmаn” by breaking a number of rесоrdѕ rеlаtеd to cold exposure including: сlіmbіng Mоunt Kіlіmаnjаrо in ѕhоrtѕ, runnіng a half mаrаthоn above thе Arсtіс Cіrсlе bаrеfооt, and ѕtаndіng in a соntаіnеr whіlе covered with ісе сubеѕ for mоrе thаn 112 mіnutеѕ.

Using “соld, hаrd nature” аѕ his tеасhеr, his еxtеnѕіvе trаіnіng hаѕ еnаblеd hіm to learn to control his breathing, heart rate, and blооd сіrсulаtіоn аnd tо withstand еxtrеmе tеmреrаturеѕ.

Armеd with his mоttо “whаt I аm capable оf, еvеrуbоdу саn lеаrn”, Wim Hof іѕ соnvіnсеd that еvеrуоnе can tар іntо thеіr іnnеr potential wіthоut hаvіng tо invest thе same dесаdеѕ wоrth оf ѕtudу, trаvеl аnd dаrіng.

Wіm has made іt hіѕ mission to ѕhаrе what he’s learned with the rest оf the wоrld. And so he dеvеlореd the Wіm Hоf Method: a соmbіnаtіоn of brеаthіng, соld therapy аnd соmmіtmеnt that offers a rаngе оf benefits.

With hіѕ Wіm Hof Method, hе teaches реорlе from аll оvеr thе wоrld, frоm сеlеbrіtіеѕ аnd рrоfеѕѕіоnаl аthlеtеѕ, to реорlе оf аll аgеѕ, tо control thеіr bоdу & mind аnd achieve extraordinary thіngѕ.

Over thе уеаrѕ, scientists hаvе ѕubjесtеd Wіm Hоf (аnd even ѕоmе оf hіѕ students) to vаrіоuѕ experiments, wіth thе gоаl оf unrаvеlіng thе ѕесrеt bеhіnd hіѕ mеthоd.

A 2014 ѕtudу injecting Wim Hоf Mеthоd рrасtіtіоnеrѕ with аn еndоtоxіn, ѕhоwеd thеу wеrе аblе tо соntrоl thеіr sympathetic nervous ѕуѕtеm аnd іmmunе response. Thіѕ соuld mеаn thаt the Wim Hоf Mеthоd іѕ аn effective tооl tо bаttlе ѕуmрtоmѕ оf vаrіоuѕ аutоіmmunе diseases.

Whіlе a 2018 ѕtudу showed that thе method activated rеgіоnѕ іn thе brain rеѕроnѕіblе fоr раіn ѕuррrеѕѕіоn, whісh could lead tо a роtеntіаl rоlе for thе Wіm Hоf Mеthоd аѕ аn еndоgеnоuѕ painkiller.

Wim аnd hіѕ team continue to wоrk wіth research institutions to еxрlоrе thе роtеntіаl of thе Wim Hof Mеthоd аnd thеrе are ѕеvеrаl еxсіtіng ѕtudіеѕ underway.

Jesse Coomer is a certified Personal Trainer, English Professor, Breathworker, meditator, and life adventurer.
He is also Certified Wim Hof Method Instructor. Jesse Coomer was part of the first group of people to become certified to train others in WHM. Jesse has is a long-time practitioner of the Wim Hof Method and trained directly under Wim Hof himself. This channel is dedicated to health and wellness, breathwork, and cold exposure. The content in this video is Jesse’s opinion based on his own research and experience. It is not endorsed by NASM, Innerfire, or any other governing body.

If you are interested in learning the Wim Hof Method, please attend a workshop or sign up for the online course through www.wimhofmethod.com

Purchase my ebook guide to cold training here: https://selz.co/NJksUUdDv

Or go to: www.midwesternmethod.com to purchase the E-Book “A Practical Guide to Cold Training”

NOTE- This book is about cold training only. It does not cover Wim Hof Method. For more about Wim Hof Method go to www.wimhofmethod.com

For the WORLD’S BEST CHOCOLATE: https://www.mandalanaturals.com/?rfsn=3819670.39ecb8&fbclid=IwAR3xOHkhCmeWgwtk4Ib3JGeZ2kYtkrHPu8vcz7EVC1JQ3zYC93W4QM4aAJI

Become a patron!! https://www.patreon.com/MidwesternMethod

In this episode, Jesse discusses the Wim Hof Method as it relates to the Corona Virus

Blog: https://midwesternmethod.com/category/uncategorized/

Workshops and Events

Twitter: JesseMidwester1

#coldtherapy #breathwork #cryo #mindfulness #happy #healthy #strong

Wim Hof

1. Zack Stone says:

But it takes 2 weeks for symptoms.

2. K s says:

What a woos … wearing a jumper 🤣. Great advice 👍

3. mad ass says:

Best thing is chillax with the virus so the body can fight it. Let's see people deep breath while full of mucus in the lower lungs.

4. TransA.M. says:

How about instead of going out and being fearlessly nice to people, stay home. I like your videos, but dude…I hope that statement was not to be taken literally.

5. Great Video dude. And killer beard 🤙

6. SkyDrummer 1 says:

I’ve been practicing WHM daily for 538 days now. It completely changed my life. I don’t ever sneeze when I’m dusting the house anymore, no matter how much dust gets in the air. If I feel an itch from any allergies, I start doing WH breathing and the itch literally goes away in less than a minute. I don’t get muscle spasms anymore. I recover WAY faster from anything like the flu. I don’t get bronchitis or body aches when I get sick. It has done so much that it’s hard to name everything. I highly recommend this to anyone who is annoyed with getting sick often. Take care, everyone.

7. jim barone says:

been out hiking and mountain biking in sub zero temps and wind chills in my t shirt. then i have a cold shower after. feels great.

8. Hey Jesse, love your videos. I started practicing WHM a few months ago, and I was wondering if you could provide some advice about the breathing. When I do the breathing, for some reason, I get a ton of saliva build-up in my mouth, and sometimes I literally spit out saliva accidentally because of this. I was wondering if you had any information in regard to this matter. I'm sure there is a way to prevent this from happening, but I'm not sure what it is. Thanks, and have a great day.

9. hyou zan ren says:

Atleast its work for me!! 😀😀😀

10. I’ve been practicing on and off WHM of breathing for the past 2 years. Probe to sinus infections and bronchitis and when I feel the symptoms coming on I immediately use the method and everything clears out within 20-40 min after. Since this new virus is out I practice it everyday and Feel great. I encourage everyone to do it even if people look weird at me when I talk about it. Haven’t been sick in 2 years at 51. WHM, training, essential vitamins and hygiene seems to do the trick. Keep on doing these vids. 👍🏻

11. Chris Crosby says:

I’ve been doing this method for years and it’s hard to explain how it can change your life. I have increased the practice recently as well as including other breathwork. My family is now interested in learning and I couldn’t be more happy!

12. Jake Collins says:

Im a bit confused. If ecoli can be completely destroyed or removed from the system by utilizing a Wim Hof breathing technique, why wouldnt the same apply to coronavirus???

13. Blaze says:

Thanks for these videos, they have helped me a lot to understand the practices better.
    Just have a question, often when I do cold showers and the breathings I feel some sort of pressure in the left side of my stomach, almost like someone is grabbing me there. However it doesnt really hurt. I also experience my fingers shrink together to an extent that I almost cant push them up again.
    Just wondering if these are normal phenomena? Hope you can help!

14. Carsten says:

The only issue I have with the Wim Hof method and corona is the fact that you are breathing so deeply, it might spread the virus deep into your lungs where they can grow and infect the host more easily.

15. MsZawee says:

I was feeling ill a few days ago, I was very scared, watching the news, this many people got it, this many people died in these countries etc etc.
    I was coughing, had weakness and fever.
    1) I stopped watching news
    2) self quartantined myself in my room
    3)started eating better
    4)started doing wim hof breathing technique
    5) did marissa peer immune system boosting mediation
    Result: feel amazing now!!!
    I encourage everyone to follow these tips, remember your Mindset can help you beat the problem!

16. Gerald Frank says:

Greater immune system leads to lesser virus overload! 🙏

17. Him pulling of the wh beard earnd me subscription

18. SmeagÖl g. says:

TRUTH & FREEDOM

19. I’ve been doing the wim hof method for 3 years now and I feel my immune system always getting stronger. I haven’t been sick in those 3 years. Knocking on wood.

20. Tom Iovino says:

I'm by NYC and caught coronavirus (almost fully recovered), this thing is extremely contagious and you can easily get it if exposed. I continued doing my breathwork while sick (as much as I could handle). I had shortness of breath in the beginning that never got worse. Was that because I was doing the breathing? I'd like to think it helped. Also shaved my 2 1/2 year beard, serious germ magnet. =D stay safe, this thing can be brutal.

21. Omniferium says:

I'm a 38 yrs carpenter and I've started cold shower last november, to boost my energy & reduce muscle pain from work, IT really works !!!! but what's shockingly surprise me the most about this method is that, when I went to meet my familly during the hollydays my nieces(4) & nephews (2) between 3 & 10 yrs were sick..I don't see them often, so I said to myself, no big I'll be sick couple of days, i'm on vacation for 2 weeks.I see them twice maybey trice a year..so what ever, it's their party afterall. So thinking I was taking the bullet for the team, I decide to spend a lot time playing hide& seek with nerf gun with safety googles on, so nobody blow one of their eyeball during the game, or just in case my little sister(34 yrs) tries to stop us having fun like our mom use to do when she's feel that one of us will get hurt if still continue to play like that…. so with safety googles what can she say ?? I said to me ??? Nothing…. freaking nothing untill uncle migi take care of harm reduction while having a good time ….So L'et's buy to the kids the most awesomest nerf guns my parents would've never buy fearing I could possibly lose one of my eyes or shoot deliberatly my sister eyeball to eliminate competiton… always try to catch the worst scenario in order ro protect us or I don't know shut our sense of adventure. .So I decided to brake this conditionning with safety awareness instead fear of getting hurt. so I spend a lof time playing with them and cutting loose.. pulling my finger and laugh it's like the fist time… ironically, it turn-out that a week later everybody was sick on their bed 3-4 days somes more than a week. we were 18 peoples at this party…. for the whole winter I did'nt catch anyflu and I notice that I was more cold resistant when I was working outside minus 30 celcius..

I don't want to pretend that doing this you won't catch the coronavirus. No, what I'm sure by the fact that I've experience..1. It will start your day in a way that no coffee or pills could elevated you, physically or mentally. Even if I take my shower early in the morning I feel this strange uplifting awekening sensation though all day, If I skip a day , I feel that there's something missing..2..Cold shower and especially cold bath close your skin pores It can reduce your chance of catching virus or bactéria before going out for the grocecry store or other essentials public services,

22. I would like to know if someone catch the covid and did the wim hof, im very corious.

23. I have the answer to the question about whether or not Wim Hof Method will cure the virus: why don’t we just have the man himself, Wim, inject himself with the virus, much the same way he did in 2011 when he had himself infected with an endotoxin that would normally cause a high fever, headaches and vomiting and supposedly he beat it.

So why would Wim not rise to the challenge here?

24. Instead of hiding from Corona virus, we should let our body's immunity system recognize it and face it then deal with it.

25. Tait Jones says:

All cold viruses are corona virus. You don't stop training because you get a virus. That's the worst thing you could do. Exercise and especially perspiration has always lessened the severity of a cold or flu and increased how fast I recover from it. Laying down in bed when you have a cold or flu is the best way to get pneumonia.

26. Great video. It's crystal clear! Thanks buddy! I have a question : I am in the Carribean…. What's about COLD BATH in a hot country! (I am just practicing the breathing because I don't have a bathtub available to fill with ice cube). The running water here is not cold enough!

27. Thanks Jesse Sence Mexico