NEW SLOWER Deep Breathing & Retention 5 rounds | TAKE A DEEP BREATH

Dutch extreme athlete Wіm Hof got hіѕ nickname “The Iсеmаn” by breaking a number of rесоrdѕ rеlаtеd to cold exposure including: сlіmbіng Mоunt Kіlіmаnjаrо in ѕhоrtѕ, runnіng a half mаrаthоn above thе Arсtіс Cіrсlе bаrеfооt, and ѕtаndіng in a соntаіnеr whіlе covered with ісе сubеѕ for mоrе thаn 112 mіnutеѕ.

Using “соld, hаrd nature” аѕ his tеасhеr, his еxtеnѕіvе trаіnіng hаѕ еnаblеd hіm to learn to control his breathing, heart rate, and blооd сіrсulаtіоn аnd tо withstand еxtrеmе tеmреrаturеѕ.

Armеd with his mоttо “whаt I аm capable оf, еvеrуbоdу саn lеаrn”, Wim Hof іѕ соnvіnсеd that еvеrуоnе can tар іntо thеіr іnnеr potential wіthоut hаvіng tо invest thе same dесаdеѕ wоrth оf ѕtudу, trаvеl аnd dаrіng.

Wіm has made іt hіѕ mission to ѕhаrе what he’s learned with the rest оf the wоrld. And so he dеvеlореd the Wіm Hоf Method: a соmbіnаtіоn of brеаthіng, соld therapy аnd соmmіtmеnt that offers a rаngе оf benefits.

With hіѕ Wіm Hof Method, hе teaches реорlе from аll оvеr thе wоrld, frоm сеlеbrіtіеѕ аnd рrоfеѕѕіоnаl аthlеtеѕ, to реорlе оf аll аgеѕ, tо control thеіr bоdу & mind аnd achieve extraordinary thіngѕ.

Over thе уеаrѕ, scientists hаvе ѕubjесtеd Wіm Hоf (аnd even ѕоmе оf hіѕ students) to vаrіоuѕ experiments, wіth thе gоаl оf unrаvеlіng thе ѕесrеt bеhіnd hіѕ mеthоd.

A 2014 ѕtudу injecting Wim Hоf Mеthоd рrасtіtіоnеrѕ with аn еndоtоxіn, ѕhоwеd thеу wеrе аblе tо соntrоl thеіr sympathetic nervous ѕуѕtеm аnd іmmunе response. Thіѕ соuld mеаn thаt the Wim Hоf Mеthоd іѕ аn effective tооl tо bаttlе ѕуmрtоmѕ оf vаrіоuѕ аutоіmmunе diseases.

Whіlе a 2018 ѕtudу showed that thе method activated rеgіоnѕ іn thе brain rеѕроnѕіblе fоr раіn ѕuррrеѕѕіоn, whісh could lead tо a роtеntіаl rоlе for thе Wіm Hоf Mеthоd аѕ аn еndоgеnоuѕ painkiller.

Wim аnd hіѕ team continue to wоrk wіth research institutions to еxрlоrе thе роtеntіаl of thе Wim Hof Mеthоd аnd thеrе are ѕеvеrаl еxсіtіng ѕtudіеѕ underway.

5 Rounds of Deep Breathing | 30 Breaths | 2 Min Holds | Onscreen Timer
Make sure you are subscribed so you don’t forget to breathe:

About our channel:
Welcome to TAKE A DEEP BREATH (TADB), here you will find a huge variety of Breathing Exercises for Health, Relaxation & Motivation.

Our breathing tutorials will help you cope with stress and anxiety, raise your energy and improve your immune system.

Our video library has a wide variety of breathing exercises such as The Wim Hof Method, The Buteyko Method, Box Breathing, Breath of Fire and many other Yoga breathwork pranayama’s.

Breathwork has been an integral part of Yoga for centuries, and now with the help of people such as Wim Hof, Patrick McKeown, and Joe Rogan, breathwork is now part of mainstream society.

These Breathing exercises are extremely powerful and act as mindfulness meditation, breathwork allows you to activate your parasympathetic nervous system which reduces the stress hormone cortisol.

Notice of Non-Affiliation and Disclaimer:

TAKE A DEEP BREATH is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with the Wim Hof, The Wim Hof Method, Innerfire, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates. The official Wim Hof Method Course can be found here: https://www.wimhofmethod.com/elearning

Safety information:

– Don’t take the method and techniques too lightly, they go deep and the effects can have a huge impact.
– Don’t do the breathing exercises in a swimming pool, before going underwater, beneath the shower or piloting any vehicle, without proper supervision. Always practice in a safe environment.
– Keep in mind to do the exercises without forcing them, gradually build up and don’t exceed your limits.

“The breathing exercises can have strong physiological effects, and must be practiced as instructed. Always perform them in a safe environment, sitting or lying down. Never practice the exercises before or during diving, driving, swimming, taking a bath, or in any other circumstance where loss of consciousness could result in bodily harm. Deep breathing may cause tingling sensations, a ringing in the ears, and/or lightheadedness. These are normal responses and are no cause for alarm. If you faint, however, you have gone too far, and should take it more slowly next time.

Do not practice this breathwork during pregnancy, or if you are epileptic. People with cardiovascular issues, or any other serious health conditions, should always consult a medical professional before starting breathwork.

Subscribe so you never miss a new video :https://www.youtube.com/TAKEADEEPBREATH?sub_confirmation=1

Wim Hof

1. ❤️❤️ We release new breathing exercises every week, please subscribe and hit the bell notification so you never miss a breath 😉 ❤️❤️

2. funny queen says:

Thsnks for sharing hss helped me today to move from 130 mins 3 times to this just what i needed thsnks again.

3. Gordon Adams says:

I try to start my day in a spiritual, healthy manner with the breathing and get hit with an ad for epoch times, known for promoting conpiracy theory as news stories. (NYT) I thought you were vetting the ads!

4. Tori Scott says:

First time doing this particular video! I love it! I've done the 6 round jungle sound it has been my go-to but I really enjoyed this 5 round! I'm a 65 year old woman and have been doing the breath exercises when possible because I take care of my grandchildren and have a little time I try to do it at least three times a week I would like to do it everyday! Making me feel healthy and very active thank you for everything

5. Every day since september!thank you🇨🇭🇨🇭

6. Thank you 🙏🏻

7. Almighty says:

TRY BREATHING TECHNIQUEN ART OF LIV9NG. . SUDARSHAN KRIYA.
    THERE IS A LOCKINNG TECHNIQUE AFTER BREATHING. THREE LOCKS IS NECESSARYBWHEN HOLDING BREATH

8. DJ Chela says:

Can you make this video without the spoken parts while holding breath? It stresses me out 😰 and makes it harder

9. funny queen says:

Thank you so much Wim Hof this breathing method is changing my life breaking me back to myself. 💙

10. hep cat says:

The background music in this video is BEAUTIFUL. Please tell us who the artist is and where to get it.

11. Where did you get the audio for this?

12. Elderllama says:

I’m so glad to see so many people on the path. You don’t realize that there are people all around you pondering the universe for themselves. Doing so just as people like Aristotle and Tesla once did. We are the universe and we have come to life to experience ourselves. For so long, however, those who have realized this have remained in the minority. I implore you: spread these ideas and these realizations with the people around you. We must all do our part to push humanity forward. Cheers fellas 🙂

13. Crypto Music says:

I do this one a lot

14. Do we breath from mouth and breath out of the mouth. Please. anyone let me know.

15. Gordon Adams says:

I start my day off with this exercise. It's wonderful. The only negative is having to hear the Epoch Times commercial push a conspiracy theory as actual news at the beginning. It really disturbs my wah.

16. Grace Bauer says:

This comments section is so uplifting and exciting to see 💖💖💖💖💖

17. tina Amador says:

Holy crap!! I actually feel it!! Thank you

18. hep cat says:

New PR today after 5th round, 3:15 👍👍👍🙏🙏🙏

19. ironmyke696 says:

I love Wim talking you thru the retentions!!

20. Jon B says:

Its great but whats this crocodile bs

21. timo kuulusa says:

Thank you Wim! I went to rehab to get rid of drugs, mostly opioids and this breathing exercise helped me a lot during The worst days in The first two weeks. Iv'e Been clean for five weeks now and feeling great. Bless you♥️♥️♥️♥️

22. This is not slow enough for me, I have to do my breathing exercise without a guided tape, because I like to do very slow deep breaths.

23. Miss S says:

My natural breathing flow is much slower, do I have to breath as quickly as him?

24. Bill Railo says:

When I take a breath after the retention of breath, I go into a relaxed state and can hold easily for another minute. Is latter helpful or should I go back to the 15 seconds?

25. What’s the instrument or music in the background of this video?

26. Farhan Momen says:

Thank you for sharing this beautiful breathing meditation 🙏❤️

27. Simo Zamb says:

Hi. I tried the method for a week. Can somebody tell me if it is normal that, during the holding period, I start feeling cold in all my body, as my temperature decreases a bit? Do I do something wrong? I used the breathing method in the app, which involves 40 breaths and each breath cycle is, a bit more faster than this guide . From tomorrow I follow this guide. Thanks for your answers

28. Boundaries says:

Omg I felt like I’m going to die and pass out I got to 2 mins and 20 seconds incredible do you have a longer version of the hold

29. Kevin Ford says:

Wim, Thank you. I mean that most sincerly.

30. The information a company in this video is confusing to me because I thought that the Wim Hof method was the breathing and the mindset and the cold water experiences and you say not to practice these breathing techniques before taking a bath? Also I thought the Wim Hof breathing techniques for ass practiced by Big Wave Surfers and freedivers also I have been doing the Wim Hof breathing technique for 4 days and able to hold my breath for a minute 50 seconds relaxed but I feel lightheaded for up to 4 hours afterwards and as I am in menopause, I have noticed an increased of my warm/hot flashes… I wondered if it was because I wasn't doing the other parts of the technique which would be the dynamic and static stretching the mindset(warm ball) and the cold water experience… I would be curious to know what you think… thank you!

31. this video is fine but is missing integration at the end. some final words and the like. otherwise sets a good pace and enough rounds

32. pitts says:

I did it in speed of 0.75 (way better btw)
    and held my breath for 2:10
    which means I held my breath for 2:42
    wow Im amazed it took me training tho

33. Saff Latif says:

exhaling through nose or mouth? pls reply. Thanks

34. gladJonas says:

Doing this daily combined with the cold showers has changed my life

35. Mark Irvine says:

Loving this video 😍. I'm doing breathing exercises every morning now and videos like these really help. Thanks for sharing. Have a good day, and a good life 🙂

36. Thanks Wim, i hace been doing the breathing exercises for a year now and they have changed my life for the better.