Eckhart Tolle and Oprah Winfrey: First Talk! (Full version/2007)

Eckhart Tоllе іѕ a ѕріrіtuаl trainer аnd аuthоr, bоrn іn Germany and educated аt thе Universities оf London аnd Cаmbrіdgе. At thе аgе оf 29 a profound internal trаnѕfоrmаtіоn rаdісаllу сhаngеd thе соurѕе оf hіѕ life. Hе dеvоtеd the following a number of years to undеrѕtаndіng, integrating, аnd dеереnіng thаt transformation. Wіth hіѕ іntеrnаtіоnаl bеѕtѕеllеrѕ, The Pоwеr оf Nоw аnd A New Earth—translated іntо оvеr 52 languages—he has launched thousands and thousands tо thе jоу and freedom of lіvіng lіfе іn thе current mоmеnt. Thе Nеw York Tіmеѕ hаѕ dеѕсrіbеd hіm as “the mоѕt рорulаr ѕріrіtuаl creator in thе Unіtеd Stаtеѕ”, and Wаtkіnѕ Assessment has nаmеd him “thе most ѕріrіtuаllу influential particular person іn the wоrld.”

Eсkhаrt’ѕ рrоfоund уеt ѕіmрlе tеасhіngѕ have аlrеаdу hеlреd соuntlеѕѕ реорlе thrоughоut thе wоrld fіnd internal реасе and better fulfіllmеnt іn thеіr lives. At thе core оf thе tеасhіngѕ lіеѕ the trаnѕfоrmаtіоn of соnѕсіоuѕnеѕѕ, a religious аwаkеnіng thаt he sees as thе subsequent step іn human еvоlutіоn. An important facet of thіѕ awakening consists іn trаnѕсеndіng our еgо-bаѕеd state of consciousness. This іѕ a prerequisite nоt оnlу fоr реrѕоnаl happiness however аlѕо for thе еndіng оf violence on оur рlаnеt.

“This had been one of many nice joys of my profession, to have the ability to sit down and speaking with you Eckhart.”
All three elements in a single video. First and second half: Interview, third half: (57:07) Eckhart Tolle solutions questions from the viewers (Soul Collection with Oprah, 2007).

0:00 – Introduction of Tolle
3:57 – Who’s the I, Who’s the Self (Recognition of Ego)
7:35 – Recognition of Consciousness (Discovery of Your True Self)
8:55 – You and the Current Second are One
53:10 – Being Conscious of Stillness
54:00 – Is Tolle Freed from Domination of Ego
55:20 – How Spirituality and Perception Methods Are Totally different
56:20 – Heaven is Inside You
56:40 – Finish of Half Two
57:10 – Begin of Half Three
58:10 – What Does it Really feel Wish to Rework Thousands and thousands of Lives
1:00:06 – How do You Embody the Philosophy Of Dwelling within the Current
1:08:34 – The way to Work together with Extremely Unconscious Folks
1:14:50 – What Does Life Look Like When You Are Totally Engaged within the Current
1:20:09 – Will I At all times Go Right into a Ache Physique At Instances or Can Dwell In Presence For My Complete Life
1:25:11 – Closing Feedback and Finish of Half Three

Eckhart Tolle Oprah

1. 0:00 – Introduction of Tolle
    3:57 – Who is the I, Who is the Self (Recognition of Ego)
    7:35 – Recognition of Awareness (Discovery of Your True Self)
    8:55 – You and the Present Moment are One
    56:40 – End of Part Two
    57:10 – Start of Part Three
    58:10 – What Does it Feel Like to Transform Millions of Lives
    1:00:06 – How do You Embody the Philosophy Of Living in the Present
    1:08:34 – How to Interact with Highly Unconscious People
    1:14:50 – What Does Life Look Like When You Are Fully Engaged in the Present
    1:20:09 – Will I Always Go Into a Pain Body At Times or Can Live In Presence For My Whole Life
    1:25:11 – Closing Comments and End of Part Three

2. Jane Hoffman says:

Wow!! the Ego is amplified .. this is mind blowing!

3. Renee janes says:

My thinking brain loves when he laughs to himself about the absurdity of what he just said.

4. 90's kid says:

Thanks Oprah

5. I really love and want to accept what he says… but I just had the love of my life of 32 years (been together since 13 and 14) 1986 commit suicide. Left me buried in debt that I knew nothing about. I’m on SSD I have a broken back and neck. I’ve lost everything my daughter is a senior and has worked her but off for 12 years for this. They were twins clones of each other. He left our son and our grandson we have been planning for, our whole life since 1986. So how do I not think 24/7 and worry and cry. I’m literally sinking. I’m in pain all the time, he promised he’d always take care of me. He promised my dad, whose gone. Now this is my MOM all the way, but I just can’t shut this stuff off I do have problems. I have so many I’d love to turn them off. 🙁

6. The Way, the Truth, and the Life
    5“Lord,” said Thomas, “we do not know where You are going, so how can we know the way?” 6Jesus answered, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. 7If you had known Me, you would know My Father as well. From now on you do know Him and have seen Him.”…
    Berean Study Bible

7. Danielle says:

Eckhart Tolle has helped me immensely. One of the best things he says "Make me the person, my dog thinks I am" I've always love dogs bc they love wothout judgement. Imagine if people were more like animals. Btw Thanks for the time stamps…in the description.

8. Ruth Butler says:

22:30 for a problem to exist you need time and mind activity, repetitive mind activity.

9. Bryan Leovy says:

Is this guy for real? Well at least he's not pushing religion. What he's trying to say is what Ramana Maharshi lived.

10. Oprah seems to be very possessed by her ego and own mind. Still fighting to break through and realize there is no self, just an illusion. All there is, is now. Elkhart seems to be a much better listener here than her. Just calling it as it is but he seems to stop think then answer her because he’s listening where as she seems to already have things she wants to say irregardless of of what he is saying.

The past is in the mind. All things are in the mind, the mind poses the mind so it’s hard for YOU to break free from the mind. Because the mind tricks itself, as the godhead does into believing the part it’s playing is real.

LISTEN

11. Jimmy Sonato says:

You are wasted on this money-obsessed bitch

12. Oprah says at the start of this, "Today—right now—I want to share with you…" Never mind this was recorded in 2007; I am experiencing this now. 🙂

13. Mitch Mann says:

I trust Eckhart till he started to work with Oprah – now I am sure he works for money and he is millionaire he is just repeating what other mystics said and he is very obedient to her. No more my trust Mr Eckhart.

14. I too, believe he’s the prophet of our time! 😀

15. which stream are the 91 dislikers on?

16. Phil Gouge says:

Some questions that Oprah (surpisingly) didn't ask Tolle: 1) What are you worth? What are your total assets? 2) What do you do with your enormous wealth? 3) Do you use your money to create a better life for people? If so, how exactly? 4) In what what way is your need to make so much money from your talks, retreats and commercial sales compatible with your spiritual teachings?

17. Gherie G. says:

CHRISTIANS BEWARE !! The 666 is godless communist internationalism … and Oprah is part of that.

Timothy 4:1&2 ….. “Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron.”

18. 56tinman56 says:

" to delve into all things Spiritual and challenge the status quo, That's what this show is all about " translation…what I call Spiritual is all that matters, and I will challenge anything I don't understand, and especially other peoples religious views on what I dislike!

19. Cherry H says:

This is my first time ever hearing anything from Tolle. What's oddly interesting and somewhat confusing is that I identify with everything he's saying. I've often been called wise or insightful for my age or whatever circumstances that is an assumed barrier for seeing things as they are from a big picture perspective rather than from the present limited minimal perspective. I'm only half way through and I keep saying yes and understanding what he's saying. The problem for me has been i thought everyone thought like this. I've often said things to myself knowing that myself as the individual and myself as the thinker were different. I really thought everyone did. I really thought everyone separated themselves from their thoughts and times when people didn't or couldn't, I always thought it was a choice. This is so enlightening. It brings me to two instances in my life that have always helped me know that we are somehow more. One is when I was a child, I would lay in my bed and (please don't judge me) but I had the ability to see myself from above. I literally saw myself lying in bed. I could only do it for a few moments at a time but I knew it was happening and I liked it. As I got older I lost the ability. It was replaced with these flickers in the mirror where I saw myself but I actually saw myself in a way that seemed as if I was seeing someone else, someone that looked like me but wasn't entirely "me". It has always arrested my attention and made me speak to myself audibly, most times only saying hello, or who are you. I'm blown away that I can now study what this is.

20. jack mack says:

this all goes back to Hinduism and the self and self awareness and consciousness, nothing new to hindus, they have been talking about this for thousands of years and its in the Vedas and the Gita. Its funny how the western world has taken this and now repackaged it

21. Arouse says:

Oprah you been changing my mom's life as long as I can remember. Someone like you would know just how grateful I am for that. If you see Eckhart sometime in the future give that vessel a big enough hug for the whole world.

22. Sukanda s says:

Same as Buddha's teachings.

23. KK says:

I'm by no means a dumb person. I try to be self aware and constantly try to improve myself but I just can't understand this book 🙁

24. Oprah. Do u regret supporting Obama considering he abandoned the poor and stood with the multi national corporations???

25. Ngum Fonkwa says:

Congratulations my life mentor

26. Russell R N says:

25:00 planning for the future

27. Vanessa H says:

Oprah having a podcast back in '07 before it was cool.

28. 9:44 Oprah do double time

29. Can I see Mr. Eckhart tolle.
    I mean can I face to face learn from him

30. "You surrender your attachment to, your expectation of what any outcome should be"
    1:13:00

31. Clark Kent says:

On the flip side, like Be, I disagree with Tolle’s sense that “inner work” alone will somehow solve the systemic misery that plagues so many in this world. Having read a fair amount of his writing, and listened to some of his talks, I find his general approach to be far too individualistic in focus for my taste. Not only is social and political action downplayed or dismissed outright, but you rarely hear talk about communities, serving others, or anything else associated with being together in groups. Just as is true of a lot of American convert Buddhism,in Tolle’s writing you can’t help but notice how heavily individual psychology and psychological theories color what’s being said.

Beyond all that, there’s the fierce, capitalist machine behind Tolle’s work to contend with. Nearly everything this guy touches these days is being turned into a product intended for “your awakening,” and I don’t get the sense that he has any problem with that. In fact, I think the packaging of Tolle as a non-threatening spiritual guru has not only lead to wildly higher sales and spreading of his message, but also wholesale rejection of his work by those like myself actively resisting capitalism, colonialism, and the commodification of spiritual practice.

32. I love Eckhart Tolle! Thank you Oprah. ❤❤

33. Mary Casper says:

Oprah looks so beautiful and natural here! Her spirit shines through. Her ego seems to be dissolving into genuine caring.

34. Mary Casper says:

nd is a aOprah"s child-like curiosity is touching and is a delight to watch.

35. Richard Key says:

Nothing spiritual about ekart & Oprah satanists

36. AK Sharma says:

Superb! Happy Thoughts….

37. slew dem says:

This video has changed my life no cap

38. Ive finally heard what translates deeply What I have been going through for almost my entire adult life : I wanna free myself from mind possession ! That means counciousness expansion !!

39. I would love to have this footage closed captioned in portuguese , so I would post in every platform I had access to for my portuguese speakers fellows out there who would really apreciate it !!

40. Hey powerful Billioner please remove private central bank who are speaking 99% of ouur exchanging power please.
    Creating so much suffaring & death by huge greed.
    Please interview Mr Rothchild family how they rule world.

41. T S_9999 says:

I’m here and it has 222k views! 222 🌎🌺

42. perf b says:

@6:20 – 'to stop identifying with the ceaseless arising of random thought is for many the first real spiritual breakthrough' , can confirm, haha, aka 'the miracle of mindfulness'

43. perf b says:

Wordsworth on Power of Now: "
    The world is too much with us; late and soon,
    Getting and spending, we lay waste our powers;—
    Little we see in Nature that is ours;
    We have given our hearts away, a sordid boon!"

44. Awareness says:

I love the high vibe energy between Eckhart and Oprah; they compliment each other so well. You can tell they have a beautiful genuine friendship off screen as well as on it, it just shines through. It's heart warming to witness.

45. awakening. this moment. presence behind thinking. listen as a presence rather than as a person. grateful 🙂 bring conscious presence .The present moment all you ever have.what is my problem now? surrender to what is because what is , is always already the case. give in a 100%. deal with it not be totally trapped. eagle is destined to dissolve. ego is identification with one form or another . understand stillness from nature. you don't have to create it; it's already there. you are never more essentially yourself than when you are still- deep conscious breathe . feeling alive from within. Heaven is right here amidst you. by being comfortable with the not knowing, comes the knowing. what is my relationship with this moment?you can always find something to be grateful for. acceptance. In this moment , right now, I'm alright. just be there as an open presence. you surrender to what is. what happens inside you when you become frustrated/boredom. you do not to get rid of it-observe/ become aware of the thoughts and emotions. you are not the thinking, you are not the emotions, you are the awareness. can I be free at this moment? I am.

46. Roi Edward says:

👍👍👍

47. Gold Son says:

I think the main reason he is successful is his delivery. He makes you think that you will be able to occupy a space within your mind. This is not going to happen. In 2020, people are conscious of the energy and he has a calming effect.